Sunday 22 February 2009

Another route and some additional equipment

Well, after some thinking the route that I originally planned, I missed out a couple of places of interest. Such as Hobbiton (near Matamata, Waikato), the skiing areas on Mt. Ruapehu (Whakapapa Village, Waikato), and the Huka Falls (Warakei, Waikato). These points were not in my previously planned route, and from what I heard pretty amazing. So hereby a new route in Google Maps (route).

This week also some investments were made in some garments to keep me warm in the cold and wet New Zealand autumn and winter, Icebreaker Bodyfit shirts! Actually these garments originate from New Zealand's Southern Alps, where the merino wool is 'growing' on the sheeps ;). And a Me˚ru' Glacier softshell will keep the wind and water from my body; love the Bever Zwerfsport bargains. For additional insulation I am considering to invest in another Icebreaker Sport 320 shirt, "nature's alternative to fleece", but first I'm going to test the Icebreaker garments that I currently have. I guess these garments are already pretty warm when cycling.

Aside of the garments, I also bought a couple of additional CompactFlash cards for my camera, not to run out of memory during my 2 month trip. I'll be taking about 14GB worth of Sandisk CF cards with me:
  • 1x 2GB Sandisk Ultra II
  • 2x 2GB Sandisk Extreme III
  • 2x 4GB Sandisk Extreme III
And no, will only take a single camera with me. When shooting raw with my Canon EOS 20D there 'only' fit about 210 photos on a 2GB card. So I'll have room for approximately 1470 photos .. that should be enough :p.

No comments:

Post a Comment