Photo by Timmy Toucan
So last week was not particularly good, after hearing for the second time that my thesis was not yet good enough I broke down. During the ride home from the faculty it came sinking in that my trip to New Zealand was fast becoming some plan that never gets executed. Together with some other disappointments I had the weeks before (cars can be expensive pieces of metal), I didn't know what to do anymore with this ... at most I was angry and disappointed at myself. The ride to my parents that evening, and a couple of days rest, helped a lot with putting my thoughts back together again. I'm all fine now, and making efforts to graduate somewhere in May.
The two scenarios now were to postpone the trip again for one or two months, or even for a month or 5 (until September/October). Though as after my trip I would start with a new job, these plans and the delay had to be considered with my employer. During this meeting it became clear that the best option was to make the trip directly after I graduate, as further on I would not be able to take a leave for two consecutive months.
This means that I will be exploring New Zealand in its wintertime :). Depending on the area the weather will be good enough, though it will be a 'little bit' colder requiring some additional clothing. Guess snow and ice make not really suitable roads for two-wheeled vehicles, but make great scenic views and photos. Maybe need to figure out if my current tent is able to hold a couple of inches of snow, and that the rest of the gear is winterproof ... but got some more time for that now.
Will get back to you guys soon with some more updates ...